Jan 20, 2010

mom and her tight belt


As children get older. Clothes, toys, school supplies etc cost more. Nearly everything kids do becomes more expensive as they grow older. Some people may have the best jobs in their field but others don't. If you're "unlucky" as they said. You didn't get paid enough even though you worked harder. It seems like "sometimes" it's not fair. As a parent. Hubby and I started tightening our belts as hard as possible since our business got badly because of the crisis. Oh well, we can't blame other people for our own misfortunes right. All we have to do and I think the best thing we should consider first is to save more pennies than over expend it.In short SAVE more SPEND less.. My daughter Keina, is old enough to understand when I say " make and stick with the budget ", like in the grocery store. Kei is the one who holds the shopping list and she really knows what to do but usually, I help her scan the shelves in the store. While looking at her (kei) I am so amazed, she is a smart kid. Our ordinary shopping day usually turns into a fun searching game and we all Love it!!! All we want as parents is that our children realize how important it is to save money. I always told my daughters Keina and Rio that even though we have to tighten our budget, we will be fine and not to worry about it. My Daughter, Kei and I have a pretty good routine when it comes to shopping, but about our baby Rio. Oh well I need to remind her first before we leave the house that she can't buy some stuff she likes. " But on that particular day, she really wanted to buy that certain stuff, and after several minutes of listening to her please. I finally said that we don't have much money to buy that and I already bought you the same item last year! Mom, she said thoughtfully "YOU COULD PAY FOR THAT DOLL WITH YOUR BLUE CARD. THE ONE YOU USED IN THE GROCERY STORE... Rio may not be able to understand money, but she certainly understand " the magic blue card". I want to show her that she can't always have what she wants. Well about that stuff she liked, it was a Barbie doll with a long white gown.

5 comments:

Enchie said...

Hi Mommy Jac! well, I'm with you. Been teaching my son the value of money. For quite sometime, I always give him what he wanted lalo na kapag mag grocery. But this time, I was able to balance him by saying NO, lalo na kung hindi naman kailangan.

Btw, I have a tag for you.

Chris said...

this is good... this year, this is one of my goals too.. to teach them (particularly Kyla) the value of things and money... since we are on a tighter budget this year... even on food, we limit our grocery and they learn that we can not buy everything we want...

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

They are so smart, I can't say "walang pera" to my boys because they just say, get some more at the money machine, LOL!
But I'm glad that they understand the situation and they are so supporitve of it.

Anonymous said...

Same here, I'd tell my Aori that a new toy is not in the budget, he'd make a note to get it someday. Galing ni Rio ha.. nice analogy with the magic card. :)

Unknown said...

Thats a good values you are teaching mommyjac. Its good that at their young age they understand how to save and grow up up not spoiled too.

Hello blog, it's been a while.

 Finally I am back! But first, let me take a coffee! Hi everyone, I know that it's been a long time since I have a blog post, my apologi...