Jan 14, 2010

food trip Friday-Soba





Soba

Soba is a type of thin Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour. It is served either chilled with a dipping sauce, or in hot broth as a noodle soup. Moreover, it is common in Japan to refer to any thin noodle as soba in contrast to udon which are thick noodles made from wheat.

Like many Japanese noodles, soba noodles are often served drained and chilled in the summer, and hot in the winter with a soy-based dashi broth. Extra toppings can be added onto both hot and cold soba. Toppings are chosen to reflect the seasons and to balance with other ingredients.
wikipedia
Happy weekend everyone join us here in Food trip Friday..

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i usually eat hot soba...haven't tried the chilled version yet. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love soba, actually I love most japanese food. Girl, did you stop eating sushi when you got pregnant?

Sunshinelene said...

Hi Jac, sarap nyan! But i prefer to pour out the water before mixing them. hehehe Am not very much fun with soup but noodles yes yes yes kahit anong anong klase ng noodles.

Happy weekend!

Arlene
http://arlenecollado.com/2010/01/14/ftf-25-baked-macaroni/

Rossel said...

btw, nuts of make or break is hosting a contest right now. can you help me win by leaving a comment on this link and say you are referred by me?
http://www.pehpot.com/2010/01/win-5-instantly.html

thank you in advance. God bless!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I don't think I'm going to like the chilled noodle. I always prefer it hot as a soup.

Enchie said...

Like Luna I love Soba, pero mukhang iba yung version ng kinakain ko dito sa Pinas.

Clarissa said...

My family loves soba,both hot or chilled.Buti na lang walang soba allergy mga anak mo,Mommy Jac.Some of my nieces here have soba allergy.

Have a great weekend,Mommy Jac!!^_^

Azumi's Mom ★ said...

soba is also great for diet =) happy weekends momsie

Anya said...

i didn't know that you can eat soba chilled, that's new to m, thanks for the info.

Kero said...

i lurrve yaki soba!

Hello blog, it's been a while.

 Finally I am back! But first, let me take a coffee! Hi everyone, I know that it's been a long time since I have a blog post, my apologi...